Zoom Teeth Whitening: Understanding the Risks and Benefits
April 26, 2023
Who doesn’t want a dazzling white smile? Unfortunately, your teeth may develop stains over the years due to aging or discoloration. However, the good news is that you can get a brighter version of your smile with professional teeth whitening treatments. This is considered one of the simple and most effective methods of teeth whitening. Zoom teeth whitening treatment helps in the removal of such teeth stains and makes your teeth several shades whiter. But similar to other dental services, Zoom teeth whitening also comes with potential risks and side effects. Although such side effects are usually mild and can be managed easily. Before getting your teeth whitening done, you need to understand the risks and benefits of the same; so that you can make an informed decision after a discussion with your dentist.
Let’s have a look at the minimal risks associated with Zoom Teeth Whitening.
- Sensitivity: one of the most common side effects after a teeth whitening treatment, regardless of which method you are using. This usually persists for around 24 hours, although it may remain a little longer. After teeth whitening, many times the deeper dentin layer gets exposed to the whitening agent i.e. hydrogen peroxide, leading to teeth sensitivity.
Our teeth-whining expert Dr. Shelly Bajaj generally recommends avoiding extremely cold, hot, or sweet foods afterward to prevent such sensitivity.
- Gum irritation: Although less common, you may experience gum irritation, white spots, or blisters over the soft tissues of your mouth. This happens when your gum, lips, or cheek comes accidentally in contact with a teeth-whitening agent. Every effort is made to protect such soft tissues from the chemicals, but a slight risk of exposure may always be there. That’s why it’s essential to choose an experienced and skilled Zoom Whitening provider to avoid such side effects.
- Gum pain: A few patients may experience gum pain after a Zoom session. This may happen due to the strength associated with the chemical itself and its penetration within the pulp tissue itself. The discomfort may include dull aches to sharp pain. Your Zoom whitening provider may prescribe over-the-counter medications that will make such pain bearable.
Now that you are aware of the minimal side effects, you need to know a bit more about the benefits that come with it. Here we have discussed some reasons why you should opt for Zoom whitening services over other available options despite the above-mentioned side effects.
- Simple and effective: Zoom teeth whitening can take around 45 minutes to one hour for an effective outcome. You can notice the differences within one appointment itself.
- Patient convenience: Aside from the Zoom at-office teeth whitening treatment, you can get similar results from the comfort of your home as well. This is what makes Zoom whitening a convenient option for busy people. Zoom at-home whitening option will include custom trays that fit perfectly over your teeth. The tray will hold the bleaching gel over your teeth for the prescribed period.
- Boosts self-confidence: Whiter teeth can make you feel good about yourself. Zoom whitening can give you up to eight shades brighter smile; so that you can put on a confident smile wherever you go.
- Enjoy long-lasting results: Professional teeth whitening can last longer, while the effect of over-the-counter whitening treatment only last for a few months.
- Get the desired result: For Zoom teeth whitening, you will get the desired shade you want. When it is done by our experienced Zoom whitening dentist Dr. Shelly Bajaj, you can expect the outcome based on your specific needs.
- Sensitive teeth friendly: Even if you have sensitive teeth, Zoom Whitening treatment will have a kind effect on your teeth. The procedure uses a lesser concentration of hydrogen peroxide gel that will not cause harm to your overly sensitive teeth.
- Combined with other treatments: Zoom teeth whitening can be combined with other dental treatments. Other procedures that can go around with teeth whitening include veneer, gum reshaping, or other cosmetic treatments.
Like every other dental treatment, Zoom Teeth Whitening also possesses some milder risks. Although such risks can be easily avoided if the treatment is performed by teeth whitening experts.
If you want to brighten your smile and want to look more confident; look no further than Royal East Dental, Dundas. Our expert dentists will assist you in planning the Zoom whitening treatment based on your needs so that post-treatment, you will get effective results. To know more, consult our experts today.