Guide to Dental Bridge Treatment- Benefits & Pricing
January 25, 2023
Dental Bridge Treatment
If you have a gap or space in between your teeth, you may consider the benefits of a dental bridge. A dental bridge is a restoration that replaces the missing teeth and fills the gap with one or more false teeth. These false teeth look and feel natural, and they can restore your smile beautifully.
On a day-to-day basis, these spaces can make it difficult for you to speak, eat, or even smile confidently. A dental bridge is typically made up of crowns or false teeth (pontic) in the open space, taking support from the crowns of the natural, healthy teeth (abutment) or implants from both sides.
In this blog post, we have discussed the benefits of getting dental bridges. This will help you feel confident and make an informed decision while seeking treatment.
- Saves your smile: Have you ever tried to hide your smile while taking a selfie or become conscious about your smile? Then a dental bridge can help you out. A dental bridge can enhance the shape and color of the false teeth and can blend in easily with the rest of the natural teeth.
- Improve chewing: Having your favorite food should not be something that causes you pain and discomfort. After tooth loss, you may experience pain while chewing. This happens due to the adjacent teeth shifting towards the open space. To alleviate such pain, our dentists recommend getting a dental bridge after tooth extraction. This will help in improving the overall quality of your life.
- Prevent your tooth from shifting: What we all know is that our teeth are held in place by the roots below the gum level. However, did you know that they are also held in place through nearby teeth? As per our expert dentist at Royal East Dental, after tooth loss, you may notice your remaining teeth start to tilt toward the open space. To prevent shifting or tilting, the best thing you can do is to get an artificial tooth to fill the space. And this can be done through dental bridge treatment.
- Maintain the natural shape of your face: Did you know that an untimely tooth loss can disfigure the shape of your face? Your jawbone undergoes resorption and your facial muscle collapses once you start to lose a tooth. A tooth stimulates the bone cells of your jawbone and helps your face to stay in shape. That’s where a dental bridge becomes useful and prevents facial collapse and maintains the natural shape of your face.
- Speak and look confident: If you have lost multiple teeth and face difficulty pronouncing certain words, a dental bridge is the treatment option that you can opt for. Our teeth play a vital role in forming words. Due to tooth loss, you speak certain words with a lisp. To fix such an issue, dental bridges are really helpful.
- Get a long-lasting smile: Dental bridges are as durable as dental crowns. They can last for a longer time if maintained properly. You need to understand that the strength of the bridge lies in the supporting tooth. That means if you maintain good oral hygiene, your bridge will last for a longer time. And you will enjoy a long-lasting smile.
- Fix your smile faster: Want a quick solution to fix your smile? Then a dental bridge is a perfect option for you. This takes a lot less time in comparison to an implant bridge. However, the length of the treatment can vary based on the type of dental bridge you need. The placement typically takes only two appointments to finish.
- Minimally invasive option: Dental bridge is one of the most common minimally invasive options for getting a tooth replacement. Other options such as implant crowns and bridges require one or more surgical procedures for placement. You might need some additional surgery as well if you don’t have sufficient bone mass for placing a tooth implant. In contrast, dental bridges can be placed successfully inside your mouth without any invasive surgeries.
Dental bridges are often preferred over other dental restorations for all the reasons mentioned above. If you want to know more, call or visit our office today. Book an appointment with our dental bridge dentist for a consultation.
How much does a dental bridge cost?
Dental bridge services are typically costly as these are custom-made by skilled lab technicians as per your need. The cost of a dental bridge ranges from $1616 for a two-unit cantilever bridge to around $2735 for a three-unit bridge. The factors that can affect the pricing include the number of teeth to be replaced, the material of the bridge, the complexity of the treatment, and other treatment you might need before the placement, like fixing your gum issues.
Is it hard to eat or chew with a dental bridge?
After replacing your missing teeth, it becomes easier for you to chew your food properly. You may have soft foods until you get used to the bridge.
How do I care for a dental bridge?
Brushing twice daily and regular flossing helps you clean between the bridge and your gums. Aside from routine dental care at home, you need professional cleanings at regular intervals. Adding plenty of fruits and veggies to your platter can keep your oral health at par.